1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

COLT 32

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by SSROUFE, Nov 30, 2012.

1. SSROUFE

SSROUFE New Member

I have a colt 32 detective special N P CTG, COLT P.T.F.A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD CONN. USA, cereal#844417 also on the crane is an X and a stamped C. The bluing on the cylinder is rubbed of on all edges and one side were it contacts the holster but not pitted, the barrel is lightly dinged were the bluing is rubbed off from holster, bluing is also rubbed off around trigger-Gard and were the rear sight would be, the rest of the bluing and the original wood grips look good. What might be its value and would it hurt to re-blue the cylinder?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That gun dates to 1964. Value would run around $200. .32 Colt New Police is the same as .32 S&W Long.

Jim
  3. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

My guess is that it would hurt the value to reblue the cylinder. At the very least, it would not increase the value enough to be worth the cost of doing it.
  4. SSROUFE

SSROUFE New Member

Thanks to Jim K and Lancezac, I appreciate the quick response, until now I didn’t know the manufacture date. And I wondered if it might hurt the value. It belonged to my Uncle a deputy sheriff in Southern Utah then to my dad. I don’t shoot it much but it's a good keep sake.
    Thanks again
    SSROUFE