Colt 38 Detective Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ord623, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ord623

ord623 New Member

I have a colt 38 detective special that I inherited from my great grandfather. It is a B431 series weapon that I believe is from 1971. It has a 2" barrel and a six round cylinder. It is all original. There is light pitting overall in the finish from years of storage and neglect. It's seems to be fully functional although it has not been fired in over a decade. Unfortunately there is a piece missing from the right side handle and a crack in the left side. I was wondering if someone could give me an appoximate vale of the piece and if I would be better off replacing the handles or selling as all original. I'm not sure that I'd ever sell it but I'd appreciate any info that anyone has.
    Thanks
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

3. ord623

ord623 New Member

Thanks X. I think that I'll start looking for a set of grips. Get it cleaned up and set it back. Even if it's never used again it's a piece of my family. Thanks for the info.