1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt 45 WWll

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DMoore, Aug 15, 2006.

1. DMoore

DMoore New Member

Hi, I recently inherited this Colt, Army issue. Pics attached. I believe it may have been used by the Army ski patrol in WWll. The Serial No is 1089###.Can anyone give me its approx value?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

If you could post a picture of the other side and all the markings on it along with the serial number with the last two digits XX out.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi DMoore......werlcome to TFF. :)

Your Colt M1911A1 was manufactured in 1943, and if in all original condtion, is worth:

90% - $925
    80% - $775
    70% - $675
  4. DMoore

DMoore New Member

5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Looks like you inherited a nice gun
  6. Xracer

I agree most heartily with SS......you've got a good 'un there.

While there were literally millions of WWII Military M1911's made, original, unaltered ones are becoming more and more collectable......however, yours is at the stage (70 to 80%) where it's not too nice or pristine to shoot. These are very rugged and and well made firearms, so I hope you'll take it out and shoot it......and have a ball!!!! :)

Just make sure you clean it well afterward (http://www.marstar.ca/AssemblyColt1911.htm) .....just break it down as far as Step #8, clean out the barrel with a quality bore cleaner (I like Hoppe's #9), bore brush & patches, lightly oil the frame rails, firing pin & hammer area, reassemble it, and give the outside a wipedown with an oily rag.

You've got a neat piece of history there, but it's also a fun shooter....so don't be afraid to use it as it was intended.
  7. MRMIKE08075

MRMIKE08075 Member

i agree with the above statements...

at auction you might yeild 10% to 15% more...

if you can prove what unit the gun was issued, or supply any accompanying documentation / provanance you might double the vale, especialy if it was issued to an oddball unit / famous unit...

a factory letter might prove of interest.

best regards, mike.
  8. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Maybe up in "Minn-eeee-sota, ya, sure, you bet!" where there's a hoard of all original G.I. '45s it would bring a weak $975, but down here in the land of "haven't seen an all orginal" in a long while it would bring more.

Welcome back X'er!
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

X,

Couldn't get that link to work. Came back as 'couldn't find it'.
  10. Xracer