Colt 6 Shot Revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gun runner, Aug 15, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Does Colt make a 44 magnum revolver? I cant find any information on the internet. Im really considering on buying a Colt 44 Magnum 6 shot revolver with nickle plated barrel and the white colored grip. I expect to pay alot of money because they seem high and I really dont understand why. Also I really want to buy 2 of them so I can carry them on me with two holsters when I walk around the farm with my ranch rifles for extra firepower if needed.

They are cowboy single action which I prefer just like the guns that the gunfighters had in the 1800's.

Thanks for any help

:AR15firing:
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Colt does not now, nor have they ever, made a 44 magnum single-action cowboy revolver. Their single action is not strong enough to handle 44 magnum pressures.

They used to make a double action - looked like a Python on steroids - called the Anaconda. Stainless steel. It was a 44 magnum. Only one they have ever made.

As to why Colts cost more than other guns - that's simple. COLT. Stamped right on the gun. COLT. That means "this gun costs more". Don't mean the gun is any better. Means "this gun costs more". You pay at least a 40% premium for those 4 letters stamped on the gun.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

You might look at a pair of Ruger Super Blackhawks in Stainless - be darned close to what you want -
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Just curious, what kind of farm animals do you raise on your farm? I think if I had to walk around with two 44 magnums and a rifle, I would start raising chickens:D
  5. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Now I thought the same darn thing :) And, notice that's rifle(s). At least 2 long guns and 2 .44 mags are required to walk this man's property. That must truly be a man's man's ranch :)
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thanks folks. That is a shame Colt dont make one. Oh well Ruger it is
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Family farm for over a 100 years. Someday me and my wife will take the place over for now we live on the place. Its not what I raise but its what roams the place. More Javelinas and Feral hogs than you can count. Had a family bloodhound that got cut up by a javelina not too long ago.