Colt Anaconda- .44 mag Unfired

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by grtday, Oct 16, 2009.

1. grtday

grtday New Member

Any ideas what an unfired 6" Stainless Colt Anaconda might be worth. Box and papers are intact. This is a beautiful gun but maybe a little too much BOOM for these days.
    thanks to all in advance!
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

ok now the good news bad news they are asking around 1500.00 to 2100.00 for one of these in the condition you describe but note i said asking . they have more than a few listed on a few different gun auction sites. the ones over 1200.00 have been listed for days with no bids. however there are also few with the reserve price below 1100.00 that have received bids up to 900.00. not sure what the book would say it's worth but someone will come along and tell you what they've found in the blue book.
  3. grtday

grtday New Member

Looks like the gun market is doing what the housing market is doing. A bit of "self-reassessment." That's not a good thing.
    Is this a "rare" gun?
    Thanks!
  4. williamd

williamd New Member

Blue Book indicates $1000 +/- $50. I have seen little decrease in Anaconda, Python, King Cobra and such on the left south coast.

I have seen a few Pythons, one King Cobra and NO Anaconda's in shops in over year. A buddy has one and acrries it as a backup pig hunting. He indicates the Anaconda owners he communicates with are not even thinking of selling. He is looking for a M57 S&W (41Mag) but sez he will still keep the Anaconda as it is'not replaceable'. Like me, he as decided the 41 is more 'fun' to shoot.
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I would not call it "rare", but in demand, yes. There's plenty of Anacondas out there, just not many for sale.