1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt AR-15 HBAR

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

I hate thinking up user names
    (2/10/02 8:03:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Colt AR-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I saw a Colt AR-15 in the paper, and i was curious if it sounds like a good deal or not (i'm not real familiar with them). The ad says it's a 20in. HBAR. I called the guy, but he wasn't there, so i talked to his wife, and she didn't know much about it. Anyway, she said it's only had 40 rounds fired, that it comes with two 40 round mags (?), a sling, and a cleaning kit. The guy wants $925.00 for it. Does this sound like a good deal??? I assume it is a post ban rifle, as the ad says "new." Thank you for any replies.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 8:25:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Colt AR-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First welcome "I hate thinking up user names" to the board.

If it's had 40 rounds fired through it - it can't be new. One of the experts should be along shortly (I know nothing about this gun) to let you know if it's a good deal or not.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 8:35:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Colt AR-15
    Since it`s not a preban....it`s not a great deal, but not bad either. If you are looking at this type of rifle, I suggest taking a hard look at Bushmaster. These can be had new for 750.00-800.00 depending on model. Regards LTS

I hate thinking up user names
    (2/10/02 8:52:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Colt AR-15
    Thanks for the replies. I've heard lots of good things about the Bushmaster (actually, I've read them in a thread here). I think I will look into that. Thanks again.