Colt AR-15 HBAR

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

I hate thinking up user names
    (2/10/02 8:03:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Colt AR-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I saw a Colt AR-15 in the paper, and i was curious if it sounds like a good deal or not (i'm not real familiar with them). The ad says it's a 20in. HBAR. I called the guy, but he wasn't there, so i talked to his wife, and she didn't know much about it. Anyway, she said it's only had 40 rounds fired, that it comes with two 40 round mags (?), a sling, and a cleaning kit. The guy wants $925.00 for it. Does this sound like a good deal??? I assume it is a post ban rifle, as the ad says "new." Thank you for any replies.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 8:25:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Colt AR-15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First welcome "I hate thinking up user names" to the board.

If it's had 40 rounds fired through it - it can't be new. One of the experts should be along shortly (I know nothing about this gun) to let you know if it's a good deal or not.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/10/02 8:35:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Colt AR-15
    Since it`s not a preban....it`s not a great deal, but not bad either. If you are looking at this type of rifle, I suggest taking a hard look at Bushmaster. These can be had new for 750.00-800.00 depending on model. Regards LTS

I hate thinking up user names
    (2/10/02 8:52:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Colt AR-15
    Thanks for the replies. I've heard lots of good things about the Bushmaster (actually, I've read them in a thread here). I think I will look into that. Thanks again.