Colt AR-15 LW Sporter 7.62x39

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

ladr
    (4/16/02 11:34:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Colt AR-15 LW Sporter 7.62x39
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have what I believe what Colt called the transitional model.

It has the flash supressor, but no bayonet lug and a 16 inch barrel.

I bought it new Jan 93 and the serial number shows it was made in 92.

The ser # has LW in it.

Like new, have not shot it in a few years.

Ideas on value or what to call it?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/16/02 2:58:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Colt AR-15 LW Sporter 7.62x39
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boy, I love those!!!! Tell me about the pin size above the trigger.....large/small. Is the fence post drilled on the left side of the magazine well.....to accept the pin set-up (tooless taked down) is the fence rail on the right side or the receiver, just below the ejection port drilled??? Small hole, located in the middle of the upper fence rail. 1/8" hole. LTS

ps/ Thats a Model R6830

Yo! ladr.....can`t help ya if ya don`t tell me about the above. Makem big difference.......???
    T.F.F.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 4/18/02 5:20:34 pm

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/21/02 10:32:39 pm)
    LTS,he had it for sale over at TheFiringLine and he had pics.I might have been a player if I had a spare grand burning a hole in my pocket.

www.thefiringline.com/for...adid=99417

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 11:55:14 pm)
    SXS thanks, may be to late....never knew it was for sale, but made contact, probably to late though. Been listed for a month....CRIPES!!! LTS
    T.F.F.

ladr
    (4/22/02 7:10:58 am)
    LTS, you had to dig to find that over there!!!!! When the board crashed over there, I never noticed if it was still there.

I went and saw what you wanted, I will dig it out and take some more pics and send them your way.

My orginal plan was to buy a upper in 223 and build a long range shooter, wound up buying a DPMS flattop HB complete from a "distress" sale instead.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/22/02 8:22:07 am)
    Thanks, I`ll look for them. LTS
    T.F.F.

ladr
    (4/22/02 2:00:07 pm)
    Let me give it a shot.

Above trigger: Pin is ballpoint pen sized

Fence post: Slotted head screw.

Right side drilled: No

Never knew there was so many differences.