Colt Cadet .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by FlyinGN, Feb 17, 2004.

1. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

hi, new member here .. Wondering what others think of the early 90's Colt cadet .22 pistol? I have one and its a dream to shoot and is extremely accurate and reliable as well a joy to break down. My Father in law has a Ruger Mark 2 .22 pistol and he has nothing but problems with jams. he has had it to a KNOWN Ruger pistolsmith in NJ and he made some changes but still same thing. He hates it. Its also a horror to break down completely to clean.. He loves my Colt tho:) Anyone else have one of these jewels?

Frank
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF FlyinGN! I picked this one up at auction awhile back. It's not named "Cadet" just Colt 22 (based off the squabble after Colt manufacturing took over). I never got to shoot it though. Soon as it came in someone wanted to trade something for it, and I was obliged to do so. It was a nice looking/feeling pistol...;)

Attached Files:

3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

colt cadet

the early advertizing for this pistol used the name 'colt cadet' but i don't know if any were actually marked with that name. at the time the owners of iver johnson arms inc. claimed they owned the name, their last usage of the name cadet was in 1978.

what ever name you call it this colt pistol is a modernized version of the high standard duramatic last produced by high standard about 1985. the duramatic design is simply and strong. the lack of adjustable sights and the very heavy stricker kept it from being used in formal target matches but it was an excellent plinker.
    b.goforth
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Thanks b.goforth! I thought it was a Colt name issue...never thought about or knew it was a Iver Johnson vs. Colt issue...;)

Always learning...:cool:
  5. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

Its true. I just used cadet because if I just said "Colt .22" everyone would say "which one!??'

I do have magazine articles of the gun where they caled it the Cadet.

Frank
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

FlyinGN, When ya get some decent shootin' weather post up some target Pic's from your Colt...;)
  7. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

Okay. I shhot mostly indoors. At ranges.. Ill take the Colt next time and post a pic of a target..:)

Frank
  8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

We don't have any indoor ranges close by here, it would be nice though. Weather permitting I'll get some targets posted up soon also...;)
  9. eddie wilson

eddie wilson New Member

:) I have one of these Colt 22's. I saw it advertised in a gun mag in 1994 and went and ordered it. I still have it in the original case. Very nice target pistol.
  10. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill New Member

Great little gun but the poorly designed magazine release really precludes it from being used in the field.
  11. MLRoll

MLRoll New Member

Re: colt cadet

b.goforth;57455]the early advertizing for this pistol used the name 'colt cadet' but i don't know if any were actually marked with that name.

Had one marked Cadet that I sold a couple of years ago. Pistol pointed well even though I don't ever remember shooting it.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  12. ccfromsc

ccfromsc New Member

:D

Love the pistol!!

I had one and even bought another! On the second one I had a pistol scope put on it. Wow! That little baby is REALLY accurate now!

I like the pistol. So why did Colt quit making them? It seems to me that they did not market them well at all. Closest one to it is the Beretta Neos. VERY similar.
  13. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

F-GN,
    Have one of these, purchased in a weak moment on a snowy day a couple of years ago. Shot it enough to make sure it works Ok, then into the safe it went. Haven't shot it all that much since; I like my High Standard's too well. Held on to it, thinking I might use it for trade fodder some day. Only complaint is the mag release and the plastick :eek: feel. Shoots ok.
    I have an older Ruger MK II; maybe I'm lucky (it'd be the first time!) but I haven't had any of the problems mentioned.
  14. runner900@gmail.com

runner900@gmail.com New Member

Got me one also. At the range yesterday and a fellow wants to give me $350.00 for it. Think thats a good price?
    Thanks
  15. woodzie

woodzie New Member

hi new guy here i own a colt 22 , i am looking for the 6 inch barrel does someone have one for sale