Colt Cadet .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by FlyinGN, Feb 17, 2004.

1. pukste

pukste New Member

I don't wanna install scope to my cadet. Allthough I got a silencer installed in it few years back.
  2. Ironwork

Ironwork New Member

I just had two colt cadets givin to me. They both say cadet on them one is a 4.5" and the other is a 6". The 6" has never been fired the other about 50 rounds. They both have the same SN 155 of 200 ever made. They were sued by cooey for TM infringment. They were made in '94 & '95. Both have case and card board box aswell.
  3. 1990Bulldog

1990Bulldog New Member

I've had mine for about 11 years and love it. My wife loves shooting it as well. When I was single, I would take friends to an indoor range. Since many of them never shot a gun before, I would always start them off with the Colt so that they could get used to the noise, recoil and to build their confidence. Then we would move up to the Beretta 9mm and then finally to the H&K USP 40 S&W.

The only complaint I have with the Colt is that I seem to have a problem with the slide staying "open" after shooting the last round. It doesn't happen all the time but more times than I would like. It was really bad in the begining (70%) and I wrote to Colt about it and they sent me two new clips. It helped a lot but it still happens occasionally (10%).

Despite this, I still love it.
  4. johnr283

johnr283 New Member

Is the 6" one stainless? If so, are you will to sell it. Let me know how much you want for it. I live in Connecticut.

John
  5. Leeland07

Leeland07 New Member

I own one of these little .22s in the stainless long barrel. LOVE IT!!!! i have taught several girlfriends, then my wife, and two of my step kids with it. what a great piece of hardware. it is not a wepon usually seen at the ranges i go to, and when one of those high end target shooters shows up, you know the ones, they have the three thousand dollar gun and not enough brains to "perfect practice" to be good with it. i shoot right with them for scores, sometimes a lot better, then i tell them i got it at K-Mart and what i payed for it... Grand justice!
  6. steve99f

steve99f New Member

I've got one of these also. Ordered it when they started to hit the magazines hard in 1994 or so. 4 inch bbl. I later found a new 6 inch bbl for sale and bought that too. Nice to have the two barrels.

I understand the magazines are interchangeable with the Berretta Neos. I read they are, haven't tried it.
  7. fleetwood_captain

fleetwood_captain New Member

I love my Colt .22

It's a fantastic variant of the High Standard Duramatic design.

I think it's the only gun I ever bought without actually researching. I happened to find one at a gun show and the "Nintendo Zapper" styling struck me off guard and I couldn't resist.

Turns out, my gut was right, the price was right, and the pistol was flawless. I wound up buying a 6" target model two years later for an even better deal.

Although some cite the trigger-guard magazine release as a design flaw, this is a .22 range pistol, not a CCW carry gun. I say the design is just right for putting holes in paper targets.

I'd love to find another one to add to the collection. If I don't, there's another Duramatic variant i'd love to try out, the Beretta Neos. Or possibly, the Holy Grail of .22's, a REAL High Standard.
  8. skynyrd1911

skynyrd1911 New Member

Here's mine.
    [​IMG]
  9. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I dont have one of those guns but just wanted to say WELCOME to the forum to the numerous newbies. Hope you all have a good experience here!
  10. patepluma

patepluma New Member

Anyone want to sell one of theirs, I'm interested! Thanks.
  11. sharpwords

sharpwords New Member

[FONT="Verdana"][/FONT]

I own a Colt Cadet and found that the pistol is a little ammunition sensitive in that mine functions best with jacketed ammo. The same holds true with my Walther P22. I found a long hex key that makes taking down the pistol a snap, as I can make full opening turns just beyond the end of the barrel. I located a set of extra long hex keys at Harbor Freight but I haven't seen them for years. It was worth buying a whole set to get the one tool I needed. If I ever sell the gun, the take down tool will be a selling point. I keep the toll inside the original blue box. The pistol is a nice pointer, just like a P-08 Luger. Of course the Colt mags are a lot easier to load than the Luger. I only have two .22 mags and that is enough for me. Over-all the quality is very good as stainless wears well and the grips are factory ambi-dextrous, whicj is always a concern for any lefty. That's why I don't own any SIG pistol. The slide lever pinches on my hand. The Colt Cadet has open, fixed sights and that makes for a little more challenge at ranges beyond 25 meters but it is still fun to shoot and would be a great plinker on a camping trip.
  12. reaowner

reaowner New Member

I have a Colt .22 (aka Colt Cadet) and Target Model I'm looking to part with. Any idea what it's worth? Still have the blue Colt box and original user manual in it.
  13. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Active Member

hey,, am interested in possibly taking those off your hands,, how much do u want for them,,, want to try them along side my duramatic
    email me at "bikerdon8@hotmail.com" maybe we can work something out