Colt Combat Commader/Para Ordinance

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by KWM, Jun 10, 2012.

1. KWM

KWM Member

I have a Colt Combat Commander 45 ACP with a Para Ordinance lower unit (grip, trigger etc) 13+1 serial # PK00xxxx. I also have the original Colt lower unit (grip, trigger, etc) serial # 70BSxxxxx. It had been in a safe since the late80's, was removed to install Para Ordinance unit in the early 90's, put back, and shows minimal wear. Any ideas as to approx value?
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

So really you have a Para Ordnance 1911 with a Colt slide..right? If I was a potential buyer I'd have to shoot it first. How many rounds through it before and after conversion?

I'm no expert but my best guess is depending on condition $700-1000.00. A thousand may be on the high side but a hi capacity 1911 is desirable to me. Of course a gun shop will probably only give you $4-500.00
  3. KWM

KWM Member

"So really you have a Para Ordnance 1911 with a Colt slide..right?" Correct.

Around 300 rounds before the conversion. Non after. Still have all original parts.

Sent to gunsmith within the last six months to have the trigger reworked to 4 lb pull.

Not trying to sell. Probably give it to my son.

Just curious as to value
  4. KWM

KWM Member

Thought I'd post pic's

Attached Files: