Colt DA .41

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rhoover, Jun 16, 2012.

1. rhoover

rhoover New Member

I have several rifles, shotguns and pistols, left to me some time ago. I was curious as to the value of one in particular. It's a Colt DA .41. The best I can tell, the numbers on the bottom on the grip are 234523. I took a pic, but I'm not sure how to upload it here.

Thanks for any help!
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Member

[​IMG]

Regarding the Colt DA 41. It wouldn't by any chance look something like this?

In 1877 Colt introduced their first "New Double Action Self-Cocking Central Fire Six Shot Revolver" or as it's become know as the 1877 Colt Thunderer.

You can Google Search for it under that last name and find out loads of information on it. Depending on what condition she is in clean her up carefully to avoid wiping off the history and antique look and avoid dry firing.

I have one. She’s a real iron, clockwork mechanism, jig saw puzzle, thanks to all that behind the cylinder internal parts, but she can be had. Now she’s a Safe Queen. Old shooting irons tend to become brittle with age and parts that fit are hard to find.

Not a top of the line collector’s piece but a worthy addition to a collection.