Colt Defender

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by SouthCentral, Apr 16, 2007.

1. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

Hi all: I'm thinking about trading/selling 2 from my collection to get a custom Colt .45 Defender. The "custom" is just a blue/black matte finish which they say they will do. Question of the day for me is: What, if any , are the + and - of the Defender?

SouthCentral
  2. rondba

rondba New Member

I own a Colt Defender and am very pleased with it. I have never seen or heard of one with the finish you are describing. I like the pistol and carry it often. It is very light and accurate. Make sure to test it out with the ammo you intend to carry. I know mine is a little picky on what functions well in it. I have had good results with the Corbon Powerball ammo. Good luck, and if you get it post a pic I would love to see it.
  3. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

Thank you rondba. Good to hear your positive opinion. I have a Kahr stainless but like my black matte (or shine) so I called Colt and asked if I could order one blued or anodized or whatever they call their process. Aft er being reminded that I can't order anything I brought my FFL into the discussion and it was OK. $70 more. Sounds good to me. Now, as soon as I sell the Kahr and perhaps my 1968 PPK, I'll put the order in. Pictures WILL follow.

SouthCentral
  4. punchie

punchie New Member

I have had a Colt Defender since they came out. Small, accurate, light and reliable. The only drawback that I have is the same with ANY alloy frame..... Do Not use +p ammo, the frames are just not up to the extra pounding without the aid of extra shok buffers and heavier springs. The best part is that 50 years from now it will still be a COLT and the others (even if better) will still be clones!