1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt double eagle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Gun Geezer, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I have a chance to pick up a Colt Double Eagle .45 auto. It looks to be stainless with a matte finish. Supposedly only fired once. Seller thinks it's about 20 years old. I don't think they are made any more. This one seems 100% but I don't have any idea of its value? Has the look of a 1911. What do ya think?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Short lived double action made in the Early 1990's. Listed new in the box at 500. Colt's first double action automatic and was unsucessfull. Big full sized at 39 oz., it went head to head with the newer lighter type guns and lost. If you can get it at a good enought price buy it. :) BTW, I feel these guns are under rated and will go up in demand and price.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009