Colt Frontier Scout

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MarkB, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MarkB

MarkB New Member

I have a Frontier Scout Buntline 62 with a 22 cyl and 22 mag cyl. The s.n. is 67961P it has very minor rust and corrision.
    When was it made?
    What does the P in the s.n. mean?
    What is the value ( I know the pic is not that great, just a range)?
    How do I clean the Aluminium body and what is the best way to get that rust off? The bluing is not worn anywhere not even on the triger so I would like to clean is up without wearing the bluing off.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The P suffix guns were made from 1962 to 1970; your gun was one of the last, made in 1970.

I think that frame is Zamac, not aluminum alloy. To remove light rust, I suggest brass or copper wool (pot scrubbers) and oil. Some folks recommend 0000 steel wool and oil, but steel wool can scratch bluing. Value would depend on the extent of the rust; a guess would be around $250, allowing a premium for the Buntline model, more if it cleans up nicely.

Jim