Colt Junior .25ACP

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/29/02 10:42:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All What is it?..Colt somethin or 'nother...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a small colt .25acp. It has a magazine safety(wont fire with the mag out). A 7 rd mag. The grips are brown wood with silver colt medalions on both sides, on the left side, at the bottom of the grip panel is the mag release button. Also on the left just above and to the rear of the trigger gaurd is a small lever that acts both as a safety and slide catch(if the lever is in the up postion).
    It functions fine, but the finish has some wear.

The left side of the slide has the following:
    COLT'S PT. F.A. MFG.CO.
    HARTFORD. CT. U.S.A.
    To the right of the above is the rampant colt logo.

On the right slide flat is:
    COLT AUTOMATIC
    CALIBER .25
    To the left of the above is the rampant colt.

The serial # is OD 503xx

I don't collect colt so I wondering (ballpark) whats its worth to sell or trade.

Thanks
    Steve

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/29/02 11:41:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is it?..Colt somethin or 'nother...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc, is probably going to be the scource on this little pocket pistol. He may be sleeping. You will need to give the condition for a good estimate, remaining finish, pit`s, box or any extra`s will help place a value. Welcome Too. Regards LTS

Wood grips and magazine disconnect date it after 1916, but thats all I can help with.
    T.F.F.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 3/29/02 11:47:55 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/30/02 8:23:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | De
    Re: What is it?..Colt somethin or 'nother...
    What does "sleeping" mean?

Anyway, the pistol is the Colt Junior .25 auto, c.1973. This is a US-made version of the original Colt Junior which was actually made for Colt by Astra pre-GCA '68. When the Astra product was banned from importation, Colt arranged for the pistol to be made in the US, by an outfit called Firearms International in the DC area.

This is a Colt-labeled product, but not a Colt-manufactured product. It really only draws collector attention if new-in-box. As a shooter with some finish wear, $150-$200 tops.
  2. rrbull

rrbull New Member

sir,
    i have the colt 25 you refer to. as info i dropped mine on the floor striking the hammer and it discharged. colt has a recall on that weapon to repair the malfunction. there is no cost for sending the gun to colt for repair.
    respectfully,
    allan
    rrbull@ptd.net
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Welcome to TFF, rrbull.

A note to all new members: check the date on posts before responding. CountryGunsmith's post about the Colt Junior .25 was from 2003.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I know it is an old thread, but FWIW, those guns were not "made in the US by FI". FI made nothing, but Colt and FI contracted out to an outfit in FL who made ONLY the frames. The other parts are Astra, imported from Spain.

Jim