Colt King Cobra

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Nighthawk, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

would to know value of Colt King Cobra 357mag 4" barrel
    at leat 90% or better. not wanting to sell just want to know what I have
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Nighthawk......welcome to TFF! :)

In Blued Steel, the Blue Book values it at:

98% - $350
    95% - $300
    90% - $250
    80% - $210
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I didn't know they made blue ones. shows my ignorance.
    this one is stainless. I really do enjoy reading your forums.
    The reason I got curious I saw an ad for pistol with same discription for $2000 and it shocked me so much I had to know. I couldn'tbelieve the ad
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Nighthawk

They made it in a Matte stainless as well as a Ultra Bright Stainless.
    Either Way it must have been a custom job because the really don't sell for no where near $2000
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I'm not an expert on firearms I just like to shoot. I've wondered why I can not seem to find much info on this pistol. did it not go over well or something. I feel like this is one of the finest pistol I have, but if it's a valuble collectors item maybe I better put it up for as a future investment.
  6. lead

lead Active Member

Colt prices in general have been going up alot. It's not really reflected in the Blue Book yet, but that Colt would be priced at $400-600 around here. Colt made some fine revolvers, and probably will never get back in that market again.
    The King Cobra is not a rare model, I think people that have them are hanging on to them. I used to see lots of them, and the Troopers, for sale around here. You just don't see them for sale much anymore.
    Hang on to it, you have a great revolver. Don't be afaid to shoot it.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Thank you
    I have spent hours browsing your site and have gotten answers to questions that I did not know how to ask