Colt Lighting, .22 Rim Fire

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by JDP, Jun 16, 2012.

1. JDP

JDP New Member

I need help with a Colt Lighting, small frame, .22 rimfire. When I reassemble the rifle, I can cycle the pump once. Then the pump slide hangs on a spring that sit beneath the pump slide. The head of the spring sits in a recess on the underside of the pump slide, and you cannot bring the pump forward when the spring engages the recess. It seems that perhaps something should be forcing the spring down out of the recess when you pump the action, but, unless a part is missing, I cannot see anything that does that function. Any ideas?
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Can you post some clear pics of what you describe?
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It's been a long time since I worked on a colt 22 lightning and I don't remember running into any such issue with them. Pictures would help. But if you can figure out what the spring is supposed to do in the action you might then be able to discover what you have to do to correct the problem.
  4. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

just rebuilt one of those about six mo ago,, if i remember right the parts need to be carefully in place to function properly,, dont have it to look at to remember for sure, if u could post a couple of pics,, i may be able to help,,