Colt Lightning Rifle 32-20

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Cougarak47, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Cougarak47

Cougarak47 New Member

I just purchased a Colt Lightning Rifle in 32-20 and I don"t believe the front wooden forearm is orginial according to all the pictures and research I've done. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find an orginial forearm? I have seen some websites for some parts but not the forearms. I appeciate any help. Thanks,Cougarak47
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Can you let us look at a picture of the forearm? I am sure some of the folks would be interested.

There is a repro being made of that rifle; I have no idea whether a repro forearm would fit and/or look right, but it might be worth a try. Another, more costly, way would be to find a Lightning at a gun show and get permission to photograph the forearm, then have one made.

Jim
  3. Cougarak47

Cougarak47 New Member

HPIM2314.jpg

HPIM2321.jpg

I have downloaded two pictures. I hope this helps. I would rather have an original forearm but a correct style reproduction would work.
  4. Cougarak47

Cougarak47 New Member

I have recently found websites with black plastic replacement forearms but still looking for a wooden one either new or old.Thanks,Cougarak47
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

6. Cougarak47

Cougarak47 New Member

Thanks Trap55. I have allready checked the one website and I don't believe they carried the forearm but the other one could make it for me. Still looking for a good original if possible. Thanks again,Cougarak47
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

check with Bob's gun shop he does have a web site www.gun-part/colt ? good people to do business with if he doesn't have he knows who does. but i did notice on the web site he list one for a colt lightning 46.00 ?
  8. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Sigh, I once had a Colt Lightning in .22 Long. I had to sell it during some bad times.
  9. mr. mike

mr. mike New Member

Hi,
    I sent a couple of photos of my Colt 32-20 early issue Lightning. You can see what the slide should look like. I hope you find them useful. These old Colt's are nice to have, all though the values appear to have peaked. But they are still collectible and great conversation pieces.
    Mike

Attached Files:

10. Cougarak47

Cougarak47 New Member

Thanks to everyone especially mr.Mike. Great pictures. I'm envious. I have found some forearms but not many of them are checkered. I did find a reproduction from awaguns.com that looks pretty good. I'm waiting to here back from them to see if it will fit my Colt original. Thanks,Cougarak47