Colt mark IV Government 380

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by lonewolf204, Apr 26, 2011.

1. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a used colt 380 at an auction. After a good cleaning and check up I took it to the range. It fires single shot, the slide locks back every shot. I replaced the recoil spring and it still locks back on every round. If anybody might know how to fix this problem or any other info on this gun I would be very thankful.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Slide stop lever spring is on the wrong side of the slide stop lever. The little piece that makes contact with the empty mag should be under the spring. Problem is now that it was assembled the wrong way, the spring is probably broken. Remove the slide and were the Slide stop sits there should be a small C shaped spring that has a leg that inserts into the frame and another leg that makes contact with the slide stop lever. You need to insert the slide stop lever with it going under the leg of the spring.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If you cant fix it Ill take it off your hands. I love those things.
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! The spring in question is missing. I have ordered a new one from Brownell's

Thanks again