1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt MK IV Ser. 70

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Silver72, May 16, 2004.

1. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

I'm considering selling my 2 1974 Colt MK IV Series 70s. Both produced in 1974 and they are 447 #s apart. Both have Colt boxes, but numbered to the guns. I doubt anyone would buy both so what would they each sell for. Both are as close to new as a used gun can get.

[​IMG]
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I'd keep at least one of 'em, Silver. I've got a feeling that Series 70s Gov't Models are going to appreciate in value far more than the newer ones.......sort of like pre-'64 Winchester Model 70s.

The Blue Book value:

Government Model MKIV/Series 70 (Blue Finish):

100% - $925
    98% - $700

Add 10% if in NIB condition, 20% for NIB with early two-piece box.
  3. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Thanks, good idea. Wouldn't be selling but my hobbie fund is to low.
  4. mballai

mballai New Member

A new Series 70 (the current production) goes for about $900. A collector might pay the same for the old gun, but the strong drive for the 70 was as a base gun to customize. The new series 70s are better than the original mechanically and most customizer gun buyers can now get a really good gun with most of the work already done for maybe a little more money.

All considered, I'd say you probably won't fetch more than about $800 per gun. But there is always someone with deep pockets if you are patient.