Colt Mustang thoughts

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Its called the government 380. Its very similar to the mustang, if not the same thing. No grip safeties. I can't tell parts wise if they are any different. Josh may be thinking the MKIV series.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i looked up some MKIV government 380's and compared them to the mustang. i think maybe i want the government model instead. it seems just a tad larger, slightly longer grip and barrel. anyone got the measurements for the two?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yes the Mk IV govt .380. They are dang hard to find and when you do they run about 700 bucks or more and the only copy i know of is a llama. which are also pretty dang hard to find even though they are a lesser quality clone of the colt. But both shoot great and look just like mini 1911s
  4. johnlives4christ

i seen some on GB, the mustangs are going for about the same or MORE
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

GB is the only place i have been able to find them. Stu got one in the shop one afternoon on trade but his wife put it in her purse before i could get my wallet out... she always gets first dibs on the cool stuff:( I coulda had that dang thing for 300 bucks (I need a crying smiley):(
  6. johnlives4christ

that is a shame
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I just had one in that had the hi polish stainless. Disconnector kept binding on the sear. Guy called me a few days later b/c he needed to sell it for much needed cash and wanted to know if I knew anyone. I think the range I work at bought it. Probably sold it within a hour or so too. It wasn't there monday and he said he was going to bring it over there on saturday. They do go fast.
  8. ofitg

ofitg New Member

My thoughts on the .380 Mustang - Don't leave home without it.

I've had a Mustang Pocketlite riding around in my jeans pocket for the last 15 years.
  9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

iver johnson pony the star model d and the colt gov't madel were all pretty much the same gun , presently they bring big buck ( colt ) and though very functional there will come a time when parts become harder and harder to find. as with the gun itself, with collectors jumping on the colt it has driven the prices to a insane level. again let me say functional and reliable but so are well maintained 1963 thunderbirds but you wouldn't use the t-bird as your daily driver ..... would you. if it was me i'd consider the sig 380 1st the walther poly framed new 380 2nd
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I would drive a T-bird daily if I had one...
  11. johnlives4christ

yall might have noticed by now that i have some "strange" views on things.

since im a christian i believe that the earth and all that is in it will burn up one day
    and since it matters the condition of my heart, it doesnt matter about material things
    so i figure not matter the collector value of a gun, if i want to enjoy one while im here on earth i might as well.
  12. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

john i happen to hold a few of the same views i shoot just about everything i own and i have a few "collectables" but i was looking at it from the view point of me being a cheap bast*** . my t-bird example .... i happen to own one it's in very good condition but since so many parts are exclusive only to the 63 it cost a arm and a leg to replace most parts. hence i drive it only to local car shows and never with a cloud in the sky...
  13. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

mrs. oscarmayer was reading over my shoulder she reminded me her quote to me " you nitwit don't forget to mention you took a sig 210-6 (3000.00 + value in pristine condition) " overseas" last year and ruined the finish during a few sand-storms" so i get it if you own it you should use it ;)
  14. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Great gun if you can find one and then they run 450-550 in my area (SW Florida)