Colt Mustang ?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by CC45, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Great back up gun.
  2. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

Double D I carry one of the earlier made p 238, I've had problems with it I got the new flat mainspring and guide rod,now no more FTF, or stovepiping but it is still mangling some of the casings. my friend has a newer p238 and the magazine is different,and the spring is different from my original one. Sig said that the magazine had nothing to do with the problem do you think that's true? I don't understand why they would change it if there was nothing wrong with it. The feed ramp is still coming back and hitting the magazine. mine is still 1 of the 27A serial numbers not the re called ones.
  3. Double D

Have you tried a newer magazine in the gun?
  4. artymech66

artymech66 New Member

I took my NIB P238 to the range with me Saturday when I was trying out my newly built 1911. I had not shot either pistol yet so I took the opportunity to shoot both of them. Both were flawless. I used Wilson Mags for the .45acp but stuck with the 6 round Sig mag that came with the P238 along with a couple of 7 round extender Sig mags I bought with the Pistol. DD, if you feel like doing some mail order business, I will take all 3 of your mags. As stated before, you can never have too many.
  5. Double D

Since moody asked me to bring them to the BBQ, I want to be fair and give him a shot. If he wants them, I am going to give him first shot since he asked me. If he doesnt really care, I will be glad to mail them. I will send moody an email first, I just want to be fair, I hope you understand.
  6. Double D

I am bringing the mags to the BBQ. Sorry.
  7. artymech66

artymech66 New Member

Believe me, I do understand. I also know the value of good magazines and I recognize a good deal when I see it. I just paid $42.95 each for 2 magazines and would have bought more if he had had them in stock. I have been shooting 1911's since my days in the Marine Corps and have a strong belief that too many is not enough. Keep me in mind the next time you have a sweet deal like this.