Colt Officers Model 38 Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by davidparker, Oct 19, 2010.

1. davidparker

davidparker New Member

This was my grandmothers gun up to when she passed away and I know nothing about it. I am looking to get a ballpark value of what it might be worth, I dont think I want to sell it, but it would be nice to know the value of it. I have attached some photos. Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Nice condition. If the bore is good and it locks up tight, a ballpark value would be $350.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

under normal circumstances i too wold of said 350 at least 2 years ago 350 all day long. but colt collectors have driven the values up to the point of abnormal and in a lot of cases insanely over bid on colt revolvers on more than a few auction sites. right now present day value on this would be in the 600 dollar range. here is a example. 3 years ago i bought a colt diamondback 2.5 in barrel nickle finish, it was lnib and i paid the high price of 500 bucks and i knew i was paying to much but wanted it bad.( guess i'm part of the problem) mind you this was only 3 years ago, now i could get 1100 to 1300 for it with out trying real hard.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I guess it depends on the luck of the draw. Six months ago at a small gun show I bought an absolutely mint Officers Model for $375.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

that was an excellent find. was that asking price or did you haggle ?