1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt pre-ban match HBAR......

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by have2rotties, Nov 20, 2003.

1. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Hello all,
    I aquired a 20" pre-ban Colt match HBAR. I would rate the gun at 95% - 99% with the only mark on the gun being on the shell deflector from being fired. Very minimal, have to look for it. What do you guys think is a fair price? Or I guess I should say did I get a fair price?... :rolleyes: $1100.00 is where I'm at on it. Didn't really get it to shoot, I have an American Spirit Arms 16" carbine for plinking. I just thought it would be something that would hold it's value. Also, if the AWB does expire, what is it going to do to the value of these weapons?
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

You did not do badly. We see a lot of those offered at $1400-$1500... and offered... and offered... and offered.... They sell in the $1100-$1200 range.

I am assuming you have an MH-prefix gun with no bayonet lug.
  3. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Yes you are correct on the MH (which I assume stands for Match HBAR) and no bayo lug. Thanks. The value is about what I was expecting.

Have a good one,
    Jason
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Doc is right in the 1-1200 range and especially without a box or paperwork( but doesn`t matter on this model as much--if at all). You might as well shoot & enjoy it too, as the value will stay the same, regardless.

LTS
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

Assuming the feds don't do something really stupid....
    Yes, you can expect the value to decline, as the asault rifle ban expires. Stands to reason, since now we can buy new.
    If you trust the feds, sell now. Of course, if some bright feller suggests we extend the ban, then, it won't never go down in price, 'cause we still can't build any more.
    Clear???
    If you understand this, you're a whole lot smarter than me.