colt pre woodsman

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 4element, Sep 20, 2010.

1. 4element

4element New Member

Hi i was wondering if i could get a value on my colt pre woodsman serial number dates 1917 on the slide 54** and 1918 on the frame 65**. I would say it is about 75% blue and a decent bore. it is a target model. The only pat date on the barrell is dec 22,1903. I will post pics soon, thank you as i need to sell for my kid's, no work and running low on cash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The pics are not very good, but the left side of the slide appears to have been heavily buffed and reblued, while the right side seems to show pitting and rust as does some of the rest of the gun. Add that to the mismatched slide and badly worn grips (they show the wear that the gun doesn't, tending to confirm that the gun has been reblued).

Value? IMHO $200 tops if functional. It is a shooter; collector value is nil.

Jim