The Firearms Forum banner

Colt python .357

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dons2346 
#1 ·
A guy in my gun club wants to sell his Colt Python .357. It is a 4" barrel and has the bright nickel finish and looks brand new. I shot it last week and love the gun. He is asking $2,000 for it and I don't know if that is a decent price or not.

I'm not at all familiar with this gun except I know they don't make them anymore and they are expensive. Is there anything I should look for and is $2,000 a good price?

#12 ·
I own a 6" blue bought back in the mid 80's. Are they great revolvers, yes, but they are really over priced. If you want one buy it because they keep going up every year. I'm more than satisfied with my Smith model 686 in 6" and I can have two 686's for the used price of a Python.

#14 ·
my Snap-On guy has one he got from a guy for money owed a few years ago. IIRC he did a trade for $200 but it needed re-blueing.

Why does a Colt demand such a high price? It seems that way with anything they make

#15 ·
Before I bought my Python, I played with the Smiths and the Rugers. The Python felt good, it felt right in my hand, and it looked like a million bucks so I bought it. This was back in the 70's and it still feels the same way today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.