Colt S. A. A. COMMEMORATIVE

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by unclepeaches, Sep 19, 2006.

1. unclepeaches

unclepeaches New Member

I purchased a ''NED BUNTLINE COMMEMORATIVE'' COLT NEW FRONTIER S. A. A. .45 IN UNFIRED CONDITION recently, and would like to find out the value. The standard cat. of firearms lists it at $4,000 in excellent condition, but it does not say anything about nickle plate, and this one is plated. It is in exellent + condition, but has no box, and is numbered '' NB19XX ''. Can anyone tell me anything about it that is not in the book, possibly what it would be worth with plateing, how many were plated ( if any were), and what the demand forit would be? Any help will be appreciated...............................UNCLEPEACHES
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi unclepeaches......welcome to TFF.

Hmmmmm.......My Standard Catalog of Firearms and my Blue Book both have the Ned Buntline SAA Commemorative listed at $1,295 in 100% condition. No mention of any plating.

3,000 were issued in 1979 at $895.

The Buntline that's worth $4,000 is the New Frontier Buntline Special, NIB (New In Box) with a 12" barrel, of which only 70 were manufactured between 1962-67.....NOT the Ned Buntline Commemorative.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

According to your description, your Colt is not in mint, unfired condition, nor does it have the original box and papers. Unfortunately, collectors have virtually no interest in commemoratives which are not factory new in the box. What you now have is an interesting shooter, probably worth about $800 to $900 or so.