Colt Special Combat

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Jaendel, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Jaendel

Jaendel New Member

Hello!

I have just ordered a Colt Special Combat .45 for competition in both bullseye and Swedish Field shooting. I have not seen it yet, because it takes quite some time to get it exported to Sweden, but any input on this model is greatly appreciated. Is there some additional work that is recommended on this gun or is it competition-ready in your oppinion?
    Any ideas?

Best Regards
    Johan
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Johan......welcome to TFF! :)

I've never shot a "Special Combat".....however, according to the specifications it sounds like it was built and tuned (by Colt's Custom Gunshop) for just the kind of use you want it for. It sounds like it should be pretty much "competition ready".

However, if you're like me, when you get a new gun (no matter how good it might be), there are always a "few little things" you'd like to change.

All I can recommend is that when you get it, shoot it a bunch and see if there any changes you'd like to make.
  3. Jaendel

Jaendel New Member

Thank you!

Yes, I am sure I will find something that I want to improve. That's one of the reasons for getting a 1911, besides the fact that is one of the most beatiful designs in the wonderful world of firearms.
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well, we're reading from the same page, Johan. No matter how good a new gun is, there's always "some little thing" that needs go to be "improved". :)

Of course, as you say, the beauty of a 1911 is that they can be easily "improved".

Glad to see that the genius of John M. Browing is recognized all the way over in Sweden. (Of course the Norwegians did it first.....adopting the 1911 as their official sidearm in 1912 :D :D :D )
  5. Jaendel

Jaendel New Member

*smiling* Yeah, our nothern brothers saw the light early. But as they say "better late than never" and as our wise leaders still haven't realized that, I consider it my duty to set a good example on the range at least.