1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt Woodsman .22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by TomSwift, Mar 21, 2007.

1. TomSwift

TomSwift New Member

I found this pistol among my late father's possessions. It appears in to be in like new condition, but I know is has been fired because he saved a paper target in the box. I think he purchased it in the late '60's or early '70's but I don't know if it was new or used when he bought it. Probably used as he usually bought these from pawn shops. The box is cardboard with a woodgrain covering. I would like to know the age and approximate value of this piece. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Some of the experts will be along soon to help you, but wow that sure is a beautiful pistol. Let me know how much you want for it.
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Blue Book is $850 but with the box and papers I would say it will bring more
    DOM 1968
  4. durk

durk New Member

I have a Colt Huntsman. Not much different than the Woodsman. Not in as good as shape as yours but I have put 1,000s of rounds through it, dropped it in a muddy pond, just really used the heck out of it. I love that gun. My wife used it to take her concealed carry class. Nice .22 you have!:D
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Beautiful!

With all the provenance (box, papers, belonged to family member, etc.) It would also add to the value if you can find an old photo of him using it or holding it, or In a holster on his belt or something similar.
  6. Mark

Mark New Member

What if the target was a factory test target?

Early target guns had these included sometimes.
    Mark
  7. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

Wow, that brings back memories... when i used to commercial fish in Alaska during high school my skipper would hand me his Woodsman .22 and toss an empty soda can out on the water and let me have at it. I was quite proud that i could make that can jump out of the water on a rocking 32ft fishing vessel. =)