Colt

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by travihanson, Jun 5, 2007.

1. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Buddy of mine at work says he has a Colt 1911. I told him that I was interested and he said that he didn't want to sell it. Well I asked him about trades....He said that he might consider it, depending of course what I had. I told him about my Beretta 96. (It is pretty much brand new) He said he would take a look at it. I'm taking it into work tonight, wish me luck guys :) I want it pretty bad.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

A colt for a Beretta, Hmmmmm..........
    Is this a straight across trade, or is there money involved?
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Either way he's trading UP.
  4. travihanson

travihanson New Member

It would be straight across the board...Just because of the fact that the gun is in fairly sad shape...grip is cracked, there is a scratch cause he didnt know how to take it apart and there are freaking vice marks on the receiver....yes...vice marks, I don't know if I should do this...What you guys think? I mean I can buff that stuff out but i don't know....Grips are nothing to get a hold of. I might just buff it out, blue it, and dump it. Tell me what you guys think.
  5. warhorse1

warhorse1 New Member

Wow, vice marks, cracked grips, finish damage! Sounds to me like someone has tried to smith the gun without having a clue. I would be afraid,-------very afraid!
    wh1
  6. travihanson

travihanson New Member

I am, I'm not going to do the trade...I'm thinking about just saying crap on the trade and just selling it out right. I haven't ran that many rounds through the beretta plus I have quite a few goodies with it. (Sights, grips, quite a few mags) After I sell the gun I'm going to look for a gold cup. I should be able to find a decent used one for cheap. Or I might look for something else in the price range that I get out of the beretta. I'm going to put it in the Uncle Henry's (buy, swap, trade book) for 700 or trade for gold cup(bare gun only).

Again, wish me luck :rolleyes:
    Travis
  7. patrol

patrol New Member

That sounds like a good route to take. I'd still look at his colt and see how bad it really is and if you can repair what he's done. Definately go for a Gold Cup though but be prepared to pay for it.
  8. travihanson

travihanson New Member

I dont think im going to try to repair it....got a nasty scratch next to the slide release....i'll shop around.