Columbus, Ohio and Gun Control

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Rocketman1, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Here in Columbus, we have had a recent rash in gun violence. There have been dozens and dozens of shootings in the past few weeks. It seams like every single night there are drive by shootings, where some one is killed. Most of the shootings are in the Hill Top area or the near east side. To me most of them appear to be young teenagers that are probably gang members. The Mayor is steaming mad and is threatening gun control, and starting to bring up gun show loop holes again. The news is calling it the "Summer of Violance"

SNIP> http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wtte_vid_5718.shtml

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Mayor Michael Coleman is enlisting community activists to fight back against crime.

During a meeting on Thursday, they formed the Coalition for Non-Violence.

The group will combine churches and other community organizations so they all have the same anti-violence message.

The mayor says "it's a coalition of people and organizations that want to engage at the grassroots level".

Coleman is also concerned about the guns on Columbus streets.

This is sad. If he calls up activists against guns, then I may have to organize my own activists that are for guns.

Any suggestions?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

get other activists to state that the law enforcement aint up to the job and get some who is ...

deal with the criminals as criminals instead of criminalising the civil population
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger on this problem it is becomming more and more of a trend, Dayton and Springfield are haveing the same problems as Columbus and Cincy is completely off the grid. This high crime trend through out Ohio is gonna lead to more Gun laws mark my words. Look who the you have representing you, Sharrod Brown is a moron and the other dope aint much better.
  4. topper

topper New Member

How come everytime there is an outbreak of violence, Mayors, city councils, police depts and so forth start screaming gun control? Is that there only answer to the problem? Why does the police not crackdown on gangs, dope dealers, crooked politicians and judges instead. Maybe that would do more than cheap talk. Opps, silly me I forgot that it is much cheaper to make silly unenforceable laws than to send the police to do real crime enforcement and prevention. 'Scuse me I had a senior moment there.
  5. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Very sorry to hear about the troubles you guys are having up there. You and the rest of us know that gun control ain't gonna get it, you have to get those lazy idiots out of office and back in their hole.
  6. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Round 'em all up and air lift them back to the Africa that they are all soooooo proud of. Problem solved.
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Exactly. Try to solve a solvable problem with an unworkable solution. Why? Because it gives them more control over us all, they could care about solving the problem. Having a problem gives them power.
  8. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Kinda what I was thinking. If the problem is young ( insert race) then they should ban them. I like their reasoning.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Exactly! We all know that only the good guys obey the law. Gun control only means that law abiding citizens will comply, the criminals are already outside the law, so gun control doesn't mean squat to them, they will still be armed, and dangerous. I think the solution is to shoot back, with accuracy!
  10. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The pursuit of power by our misleaders is what this is about. Look how much has been accomplished while we remain armed. Imagine what they would do if we were disarmed.

What they need is for the public to demand disarmament of the public. How? By Appointing judges who will not use the power of the law to punish evil doers and who will dilute as much of the effects of punishment as they can, Prosecutors who wont prosecute or plea bargain charges down as much as possible and Legislatures who wont build and staff the jails that are needed and Governors who will release bad guys when the jails are overcrowded.

Is it any wonder that the borders are wide open and our cities are filling up with gangs like MS-13, then we still have our own homegrown Crips and Bloods and only G*d know how many other gangs are out there. I listen to a Memphis radio station and nearly everyday they have drive by shootings. Gang Initiation? Can the authorities do anything? Probably but every stumbling block possible has been thrown in the way of cleaning up the mess and if they catch the perp in a few years later he pops out of the other end of the justice system rested beefed up and ready to go again.

None of this would happen if our misleaders in DC and many state capitols wanted it to stop and this is what far too many of them want to happen. What is being created with the gleeful accomplices in the MSM is a state of lawlessness that will cause enough of the uninformed public to demand the disarmament of the nations citizens and then we will see some real legislating from our misleaders. The real punishments will come out and it wont be for the bad guys. It will be for the opposition once opposition is redefined by law as sedition.
  11. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

I think they should BAN ILLEGAL DRUGS that will take care of the problem.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::p
  12. Rocketman1

Yep. All you have to do is look at Chicago. All that did was take the guns away from people so they can no longer protect them selves. With the recent Supreme Court ruling for that area, I would be surprised if the Mayor of Columbus could get anything accomplished. Hope fully he is just blowing off steam and things will settle down soon.

Most of the shootings appear to be gang related. I think something happened and now it is an eye for an eye. If it wasn't for innocent people getting hurt, they could just let them kill each other for all I care. But earlier this week an innocent woman was shot in the leg as she got caught in the crossfire.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  13. Rocketman1

I wasn't aware that Dayton, Springfield and Cincinnati were having the same problems. That does concern me, because it will be state wide rather than just the city. Because of the recent Supreme Court ruling, I think if they try anything it will be regulating ammo sales. I seem to remember about ten or more years ago having to sign a form when I purchased ammo in Ohio. Does any one else remember this?
  14. wpage

wpage Active Member

God help the elderly victims that live in these area.
  15. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

wpage. Remember that many of these elderly men took Europe away from the Germans and others took the Pacific away from the Japs. If they are still armed, the bad guys will be in for a good surprise if our misleaders will leave them alone.