combination gun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by merc, Sep 17, 2006.

1. merc

merc New Member

I have a rifle sho0tgun that I need an approx. value on.
    It belongs to a friend of mine and I have a chance to buy it. If it costs too much I will be selling it for him. Here are the stats.
    2 barrels----sidexside
    1 is a 7.8 cal. (8x57 mauser)
    other is a 16 gauge (2 1/2 long only)
    made in 1925
    Maker: Max Kober in Suhl German
    Barrels are Krupp
    Forearm serial number matches.
    This is a real nice gun and would probably be a neat addition to my safe.
    I* do not want to give him 1000 for it if it is worth 8k but do not want to pay 8 k for an 8k gun either. I want to be fair and he wants me to have a deal.
    If I can't afford 1/2 it's worth it will go up for sale.
    thanks
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Drillings are three barrel combination guns and in nice condition sell for $2500to $5500 in really decent shape. however, two barrel combination guns are a lot harder to come by, and I don't know if they are worth more or less than Drillings. You might contact one of the country's largest dealers and try to get a feel for its value. Anyway, at $1000 you might be taking advantage of your friend.

J-Mar Enterprises
    PO Box 580 - Washingtonville, NY 10992
    Phone: (845)496-7584 - Fax: (845)496-2469
    Email: jmar@drillinghotline.com