1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

combination gun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by merc, Sep 17, 2006.

1. merc

merc New Member

I have a rifle sho0tgun that I need an approx. value on.
    It belongs to a friend of mine and I have a chance to buy it. If it costs too much I will be selling it for him. Here are the stats.
    2 barrels----sidexside
    1 is a 7.8 cal. (8x57 mauser)
    other is a 16 gauge (2 1/2 long only)
    made in 1925
    Maker: Max Kober in Suhl German
    Barrels are Krupp
    Forearm serial number matches.
    This is a real nice gun and would probably be a neat addition to my safe.
    I* do not want to give him 1000 for it if it is worth 8k but do not want to pay 8 k for an 8k gun either. I want to be fair and he wants me to have a deal.
    If I can't afford 1/2 it's worth it will go up for sale.
    thanks
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Drillings are three barrel combination guns and in nice condition sell for $2500to $5500 in really decent shape. however, two barrel combination guns are a lot harder to come by, and I don't know if they are worth more or less than Drillings. You might contact one of the country's largest dealers and try to get a feel for its value. Anyway, at $1000 you might be taking advantage of your friend.

J-Mar Enterprises
    PO Box 580 - Washingtonville, NY 10992
    Phone: (845)496-7584 - Fax: (845)496-2469
    Email: jmar@drillinghotline.com