Commemorative Colt Single Action Frontier Scout Collection

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Atlas, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Atlas

Atlas New Member

I have recently come into possession of 1 matched set of .22 calliber Single Action Colts. They are all #176

There are 4 each representing historic Cowtowns, Forts and Trails.

The Shawnee Trail
    The Pawnee Trail
    The Sante Fe Trail
    The Chisholm Trail

The Fort Hays
    The Fort Larned
    The Fort Scott
    The Fort Riley

The Dodge City
    The Whichita
    The Abaliene
    The Coffeyville

Any ideas on a value for these?
    There are no papers or boxes, although they came in a wood display case with clear sliding front panels.

Thanks for any advice.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

According to the 2008 Standard Catalog of Firearms, the individual value listed for your Scouts is $450. However, this only holds true for pistols in original boxes with all factory papers, and it goes without saying in unfired factory new condition. Since you do not have the original boxes, I would guess the value would drop as much as 25% on each pistol. On the other hand, the fact that they all bear the same serial number might bring the value all the way back to the $450 figure. You state they are in a display case, which I surmise is not a Colt factory product, so I don't think that adds any significant value to the collection, though Cold does supply display cases which sell for several hundred dollars. Having said all this, I have noticed that the market for Colt Scout Commemoratives has been quite soft for many years, and I continually see boxed examples offered for $325 to $375 with few takers if any. You might be hard pressed to get more than $3600 for the group of twelve Scouts.
  3. mtcdonna

mtcdonna New Member

ATLAS...should you ever want to sell your collection please give me a call. Please forward photo's of each gun and send to msummers@hep.hubbell.com
    You can also reach me at 618 616 8422. Thanks
    Matt Summers
  4. mtcdonna

mtcdonna New Member

When you send photo's, please identify each photo with your listing provided on earlier email.

I have recently come into possession of 1 matched set of .22 calliber Single Action Colts. They are all #176

There are 4 each representing historic Cowtowns, Forts and Trails.

The Shawnee Trail
    The Pawnee Trail
    The Sante Fe Trail
    The Chisholm Trail

The Fort Hays
    The Fort Larned
    The Fort Scott
    The Fort Riley

The Dodge City
    The Whichita
    The Abaliene
    The Coffeyville
    Thanks
    Matt Summers
  5. corvnor214

corvnor214 New Member

6. corvnor214

corvnor214 New Member

I THINK THE GUNS AS A COMPLETE SET ARE WORTH $6000. , AND I WOULD PAY IT ! DAVE
  7. corvnor214

corvnor214 New Member

8. corvnor214

corvnor214 New Member

PLEASE CALL IF COLLECTION IS FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE . THANKS, DAVE 207-415-2002