Common sense gun laws HR 45

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satellite66, Jan 14, 2009.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I copied this from another site. I would like to hear from all the Obama/dem gun owners who assured us that they were not after our guns.

This is the one the gun grabbers have been waiting for:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h45ih.txt.pdf

It would require the owner, current or future, of any handgun or any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine to obtain a license to own the firearm.

The bill is very specific on hoops that would have to be jumped through--there are far too many to list here.

It looks to me to be a very effective way of turning gun owners into criminals--fail to comply, they get to take away your guns and you can't legally get any more.

This will be promoted as "common sense" regulation for the "common good and safety"

This is the first direct assault on the second amendment of this congress, it needs to be stopped right now.
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Where is Huck now?:mad:
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Dang idiots... That's all I really have to say. And I'm not really talking about the lawmakers because I suspect their motives have nothing to do with crime reduction... I'm talking about the people who elected them. :mad:
  4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Time to stand up and fight this guys! If we don't do anything they will get away with it.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

This is classic, "... to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms..."

What do you do when your laws don't work? Simple... make more laws, but this time really hope it works! Gotta love congress.
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I say that Guns ARE the solution, not the problem. The dems theology is completely backwards!

Their financial solutions are equally retarded. What do they do in a financial crisis? Oh, they plan to waste nearly a TRILLION dollars.... :mad:

The value of money will not just drop in value... i suspect it will completely collapse!!! Then they will roll out some gold coin called the Ameros and offer us Ameros in place of our worthless federal reserve notes...IF.... we are willing to take the mark of the beast...

The Titanics tail is up in the air and she will soon break in two pieces racing for the bottom. What a pitty...

mike
    gn
  7. DontCryMrJefferson

DontCryMrJefferson New Member

I think you're right Glocknut. This ~trillion dollar "bailout" will be the ruin of this country, mark my words. How can we keep making the same mistakes over and over hoping each time will be different? Either our government is extremely stupid or very smart. I am starting to suspect that it could be a way to gain nearly absolute control. All throughout history dictators have seized republic's from the people under the guise of pulling them through hard financial times. This seems no different, and the sheeple probably won't even care when it happens; that's the sad part. As long as they can drive their SUVs/ATVs, read Star Magazine, eat potato chips and think they are someone 'independent', they don't even care. As long as it doesn't take away their complacency (luxuries) they will never care. Are people really getting dumber (per Idiocracy)?

Do you mean 'by' this congress? If not, exactly what are you saying?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Hear hear glocknut
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

The second amendment is the only gun law we need.