Compact .308

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by detroit25, Nov 19, 2008.

1. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I am thinking about a compact high capacity 308win but I don't know all of my options. The Springfield SOCOM II has cought my eye but I would a few more choices. Any input on the SOCOM or another close quarters 308 please let me know. thanks!
  2. Gorillaman

Gorillaman New Member

3. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

In 6 months will I still be allowed to buy a gun like that?? haha... not funny
    Looks nice though, have you ever shot or handled one?
  4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I truely enjoyed shooting the Socoms that I have had access to. I think that is a fine rifle for what your looking to have.
  5. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I just want one because I have a feeling I wont be allowed to have one pretty soon :p My only concerns it the reliability of the m14 platform. I have a few match M1A's and the shoot great but they are so tight they dont function perfectly when dirty or muddy. The pro of the SOCOM is I already have a ton of 20rd mags.
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Well I can admit the ones I have shot were kept in pristine condition so they were not shot dirty. They functioned extremely well and were dead on target.
  7. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I am usually obsessive about keeping my guns clean, but you never know what might happen.:eek: