1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Compact .308

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by detroit25, Nov 19, 2008.

1. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I am thinking about a compact high capacity 308win but I don't know all of my options. The Springfield SOCOM II has cought my eye but I would a few more choices. Any input on the SOCOM or another close quarters 308 please let me know. thanks!
  2. Gorillaman

Gorillaman New Member

3. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

In 6 months will I still be allowed to buy a gun like that?? haha... not funny
    Looks nice though, have you ever shot or handled one?
  4. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I truely enjoyed shooting the Socoms that I have had access to. I think that is a fine rifle for what your looking to have.
  5. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I just want one because I have a feeling I wont be allowed to have one pretty soon :p My only concerns it the reliability of the m14 platform. I have a few match M1A's and the shoot great but they are so tight they dont function perfectly when dirty or muddy. The pro of the SOCOM is I already have a ton of 20rd mags.
  6. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Well I can admit the ones I have shot were kept in pristine condition so they were not shot dirty. They functioned extremely well and were dead on target.
  7. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

I am usually obsessive about keeping my guns clean, but you never know what might happen.:eek: