The Firearms Forum banner

Compact .308

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  detroit25 
#1 ·
I am thinking about a compact high capacity 308win but I don't know all of my options. The Springfield SOCOM II has cought my eye but I would a few more choices. Any input on the SOCOM or another close quarters 308 please let me know. thanks!

#5 ·
I truely enjoyed shooting the Socoms that I have had access to. I think that is a fine rifle for what your looking to have.
I just want one because I have a feeling I wont be allowed to have one pretty soon :p My only concerns it the reliability of the m14 platform. I have a few match M1A's and the shoot great but they are so tight they dont function perfectly when dirty or muddy. The pro of the SOCOM is I already have a ton of 20rd mags.

#6 ·
I just want one because I have a feeling I wont be allowed to have one pretty soon :p My only concerns it the reliability of the m14 platform. I have a few match M1A's and the shoot great but they are so tight they dont function perfectly when dirty or muddy. The pro of the SOCOM is I already have a ton of 20rd mags.
Well I can admit the ones I have shot were kept in pristine condition so they were not shot dirty. They functioned extremely well and were dead on target.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.