The Firearms Forum banner

Compact 45ACP

795 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
Just a quick note that I shot for the first time yesterday my new Springfield Armory XD-S Compact 45ACP. It functioned flawlessly and had a bit of a sharp recoil. It shot a little low and to the left with fixed sights but adding a laser should compensate. The barrel is only 3.3" so it is an Up-And Close personal protection pistol.

#2 ·
I have been wondering about those. I have watched several reviews on youtube about them and there has not been much bad said about them, except for the recal issue, which is being handled.
the thing that bugs me is that I am seeing alot of them showng up used but in like new conditon for sale on local facebook pages. I wonder if people are getting them an deciding not to keep them for some reason

#3 ·
My son just bought one. Nice little shooter but yes, it does have a bit of recoil.

I wonder if so many are going up for sale because of the recall on the s models?

#4 ·
My brother bought one, and I love it! I didn't find the recoil to be bad at all, and the accuracy of the XDs is really very good, I was hitting a 4" steel plate at 25yds frequently. If you are having a problem with the sights, remember that you can replace them for very little money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.