compact pistols

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by troy1, Apr 1, 2006.

1. troy1

troy1 New Member

I am looking for a compact pistol in 9mm. What are the opinions on the sig 229-239, cz compact, and smith and h&k. I want to use for IPSC.

thanks

troy
  2. Any of those you named would be excellent, Troy, not only for IPSC, but for just about any other purpose you might have for a 9mm. Personally, I would slightly favor the H&K over the others, but that's just me.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I don't know many IPSC shooters, that use a compact. but I would check w/ some of the local shooters & see what they shoot for Production & Limited 10 class. Maybe they will let you try a few rounds. If you have big hands, then the Beretta or ParaOrdnance wide frames would be good. I shot a Sig & didn't like the trigger. The Springfield XD Series is supposed to be pretty good & they make a 9mm. Got a nearby range that rents guns? That's where I tested the Sig. Good Luck :)
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I've never heard anyone badmouth a Walther p99
  5. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

I've owned a Sig p226 for 12 years and never had a problem, so I imagine the 229 is every bit as good. The only complaint that I have about the pistol is that I hold a high grip and find that my right thumb holds the slide release at times and the slide won't lock open when the magazine is empty. That is a minor annoyance at the range, in competition you shouldn't let the gun run dry anyway.

I prefer Sig to the others that you mentioned.
  6. nitrox

nitrox New Member

i used the reliable walther p99 9mm. easy to conceal and the grip is just great
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Troy, if the features, and grip,suit you, the CZ is going to be the bargain pistol, for you!
    Their external finish is 'adequate', without any negative implication, simply, 'adequate'. Their internal dimensions, tolerances, functionality, etc, in all cases I have observed, is top flight, and, having owned, or still own, somewhere around 20 of their arms, have never found a 'bad' example!