Comparison rcbs rock chucker vs hornady classic press

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RCGUIDRY, Dec 2, 2008.

1. RCGUIDRY

RCGUIDRY New Member

Dont be shy , tell me what you really think!
  2. BigJakeJ1s

BigJakeJ1s New Member

They are both very similar. They both accept LNL adapter/bushings (of course, the Hornady comes with them). Only the RC can be set up with the handle on the left side. Neither one has decent spent primer handling. Redding Big Boss II and UltraMag, Lee Classic Cast, and Forster Co-Ax all capture spent primer and debris inside the hollow ram, directing them through a tube to a bucket or catch bottle, etc. The Redding presses do not allow left handed handle position. The Lee Classic Cast allows left or right handle position. The co-ax handle is straight down the middle. All except the co-ax work with the LNL adapter & bushings, but the co-ax has its own snap in/out die retention system.

Andy
  3. RCGUIDRY

RCGUIDRY New Member

Andy, thanks for the feedback. Trying to decide which route to go, being 57 probably will be the last press I will need. I will look into the options you mentioned.

Randy
  4. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I've got the Rockchucker & my only complaint is that it's too dang smooth. The ram wil sometimes move on it's own & catch my fingers & pinch them. Like it's it's roling on ball bearings or something.:eek: