Competion

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by bflem55, Sep 22, 2004.

1. bflem55

bflem55 New Member

Hey guys i just purchased my first handgun and I want to start doing competitions and stuff I also have a AR-15 I was wondering where I can get started at I live in Ohio if that helps any??? Thank You
  2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

I'd suggest that you go to www.idpa.com and check the link to see what clubs are in your area of Ohio. IDPA is probably the cheapest(least expensive) competition to get into, you'll need a holster, belt, mag pouch and three mags. Also, hearing and eye protection. Most IDPA clubs will let you shoot the first time without joining to see if you like it. Go to a local match, LISTEN CLOSELY TO THE SHOOTING OFFICERS and above all, HAVE FUN.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Also, if Shootin' Guns comes along, he is in the Buckeye state and if nothing else, he might know of some places around him! Then again he has turned into bait fishin lately! :D :D :D :D :D
  4. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Since you have a 870 also, you might look into "3 gun" if they have it in your area. Along with IDPA that Gunfyter mentioned, there is IPSC, USPSA (which are kind of the same) They have a class (production) that does not cost an arm and a leg to get into. You can shoot most any gun right out of the box. When you get into the higher classes like “open” that is where you can spend big bucks on “race” guns. You might also check with any ranges (or gun shops) in your area. Even some of the private ranges have matches that are open to the public.

Then there is bullseye, cowboy, benchrest, fast draw, high-power, pin-shooting, revolver, silhouette, small bore, tactical action, and a host of others.

Good luck, hope you find one in your area.
    Remember, it is always safety first, then have FUN. ;) :D
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004