The Firearms Forum banner

competition Navy shoot information.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  .308 shooter 
#1 ·
I just joined a gun club and have to participate in a Navy upright shoot competition before I have access to the 600 yard range, which is why I joined. They start off at 200 yds (upright) to start and get a 200 yard zero. Then move out to 600. They help us get on paper. My question is" What size targets are they at 200 and 600. What size overall and what size center. I'm going to a range on the 17th and want to practice before the actual shoot.

Thanks... Jamey

#3 ·
I would think that they would use the NRA style bullseye targets. This link might be of some help. I have never shot High-Power matches but from what I can understand, the targets at each yardage appear to be the same size as a 100 yard target at 100 yards. Example: a 500yd. target is 5 times bigger than a 100 yard target.
I may be off base on this. I think the 1000 yard target is 6' X 6'.

http://www.tngbbs.com/rifle/nra/hp/Section4.html

Art

#4 ·
Thanks.... I hope that's it. That's a huge help. I think you're right, because they showed us the range and the target frames that are used are huge.... and just my luck I get to load them, raise them and score them for 8 hours on Saturday. I think I'm going to need my rest.....:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.