1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Complete NEWBIE - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by .308 shooter, Aug 13, 2008.

1. .308 shooter

.308 shooter New Member

Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry this is sort of a run on from previous post.

LDBennett..... I just picked it up my kit last night..... it's not even out of the box yet - Just the manual that cam in it. I have no intentions of putting this thing on a fast track to no-wheresville. I am definitly doing my homework first.... that's why I'm hear. There's a Speers manual that came the kit. I'm going to read that first. Then I'm ordering the Sierra manual as I plan to use some Sierra Matchking bullets. I'm also ordering a small manual that has only .308 information - I believe it compares a number of different bullet manufactures and has the specs for them.

NEW QUESTION -
    I don't have much of teh BLC2 Powder left. Is there a powder that's better than another. I know it depends on what the individual gun likes, but there has to be a starting point that's a favorite right? What about Varget.. I've seen that mentioned alot. Who's the manufacturer? Again.... all your help is appreciated.