Completely Insensed...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JLA, Sep 19, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

MAN! I was just on you-tube watching some precision shooting videos when I ran across one about benchrest competition. Great video, but the responses made by the ignorant masses had me livid:mad: I mean I was to the point of smashing my monitor... I mean total lack of respect for the poster, a person whom obviously loves his hobby and just wanted to share his successes with the world. Some of these responses were put you money where you mouth is types and others were very negative and one dumbass even called the poster GAY for shooting like that. This guy just fired a 5 shot group in a strong cross wind at 100 meters that measured .168" and these people find a reason to insult him. GEE WHIZ I GOT ANGRY!!!

Thanks guys for letting me vent a little... I feel much better now;)
  2. Lost One

Lost One New Member

I take what people post like that with a grain of salt, they are just there to try and push peoples buttons to see if they can get a reaction out of them. I look at it this way if they leave ignorant comments then they are not worth my time and I dont give their comment a second thought.

You run into people like that on forums all the time as well and after they get ingnored long enough they just stop posting and leave.
  3. Freebore

Freebore New Member

JLA....I can agree with you 100%, many shooters don't realize to what extent shooting sports have evolved into, so when they see something new and inovative (to them) they tend to criticize rather than have an open mind. It's amazing that over the years I have met some shooters that went out bought a gun and over night became experts on everything in the shooting world.

Back in my serious benchrest days I had the opportunity to meet one of these characters who told me "anyone could group like that", I agreed and responded by saying "you're probably right, but not with what your shooting", that seemed to shut him up, but not cure his stupidity.
  4. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

Those posters are the same ones that tell everybody they hit the bullseye at 60000000 yards in a hurricane!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

One of the comments was "My sako .308 will group like that all day long" I couldnt help bu laugh at that one... The main thing these people need to understand is groups like that arent fired using wichester white box ammo from wal mart at 25 yds.... Another bogus claim was that one shooter said he would shoot sub moa groups with an out of the box AR-15 at 400 yds from the prone position. That is until he traded his AR off for a Sig 556 because it was more accurate.... Why cany I find off the shelf guns this accurate???;)
  6. Lost One

Lost One New Member

Sure ya can, just get yourself one of those AK47's and a couple of box's of Wolf ammo and you are good to go. :D

Just think off all the 1000 yard sub MOA you can do off hand. Just look at my avatar Im doing the same thing with my Fal and using Cavim and iron sites.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  7. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Some people are just a$$es no matter what. We who truely shoot as a sport know that. As well as knowing that all it takes to miss a good shot is one out of a hundred thigs that can go wrong. Just remember the internet is full of tough guys that couldnt tie thier own shoelaces with out mommy there to help.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

"internet Commandos" About as fitting a term as any.... Thanks Guys;)
  9. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

I know what you mean and it's a shame. I think some people thrive on going around on the forums just to argue with others. I have never been involved in bench rest shooting but think it would be very interesting to see their process and what they do different for their loads.
  10. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

:D One reason I like it here...
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Believe me sir, every benchrest shooter I have had the pleasure of learning from can only be described by one word... PERFECTIONISTS... In fact what normal people consider perfectionism is rather sloppy to a devout benchrest shooter. A late friend of mine didnt have a single piece of equipment that wasnt accurate to the .0005"! I love the sport...
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Right on young lady, Right on!;)
  13. fprefect

fprefect New Member

Anyone shooting a center fire bolt action rifle would do well to spend a little time at the bench at least once in their life. I guarantee they'll come away with a new understanding of the terms consistency and technique, as well as learning first hand what a seemingly meaningless change in the depth a bullet is seated or a change of only a couple tenths of a grain of charge weights can do to the accuracy of a round.

F. Prefect
  14. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

there is not much else to say about people like that.we come across them often.they try only to get under our skin.with me,sometimes they win.
  15. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Hey JLA, the Internet puts mortal men in contact with far more idiots than one would normally come into contact with.
    It also makes TFF possible.
    I'll watch you tube clips when posted here, or occasionally from others recomendations but, these days,
    All have the right to be heard,
    but few earn the right to be listened to.
    All here are good.