Computer Question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rugster, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Rugster

Rugster New Member

How do you clean out all the sites your web browser IE accumalates?I tried cleaning out my cookies and that didnt do it.Can someone help me out here?I got this laptop back in the summer and bet my browser has never been cleaned out.
  2. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Are ya running Xp
  3. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

If so, click on start, then click on my computer, than click on control panelon the menu left hand side, clickon performance and maintainance,then click on free up space on your computer.

You may also wish to defrag by clicking on rearrange items on your hard disk. It is in the same area. There are other ways if this doesn't help. I usually go in and do it manually from time to time in windows explorer.

I try to run adaware daily as well, it's a free download and it cleans out most of the spyware that tends to slow down your system!
  4. Rugster

Rugster New Member

A big thanks to ya PA I check to see if I need to Defragment often but its only replied yes once.Thanks again Im going to give it a try now.

Best!!
  5. Rugster

Rugster New Member

No luck with Disc cleanup it didnt affect my browser,I am running XP.I usually run the disk clean up weekly.How do you do it manually.I want to clean out all of the sites Ive visited that show up when Im typeing a new address?
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Rugster, clk start, clk Control Panel, dbl clk Internet Options. Inthe box that pops up, delete Cookies(optional, but gets rid of other problems), delete offline files, delete History. Just to the left of History, set days to....0, this keeps the browser cache from loading up. Clk apply, close everything and Defrag.

On Disc clean-up,Make sure all the boxes are checked, after it shows you how much space will be gained, clk the Options tab on top. 3rd choice down will be, create new restore point, do that and defrag. again. See how much better it works after that!
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  7. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Do you mean the ones that pop up in the address bar?
  8. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Thats right Rugster, Trap beat me to it!!!
  9. Rugster

Rugster New Member

A huge thank you to you both,sorry PA I wasnt explaining it like I should have.Im a dummy when it comes to computers. :eek:

Best!!
  10. Mabooger

Mabooger New Member

and in the process of Pa & I trying to remember we've deleted all the cookies & files from both our computers as well.

Thanks for the unscheduled maintenance update lol :D
  11. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

I also open windows explorer look for the cookies file, click on it, select all the cookies, right click and hit delete, and it removes them all!

Then I find the Temporary internet file in the windows folder and do the same with all of them!
  12. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

WOW!

Pa's a computer nurd.........and all this time I thought Mabooger just loved him for his body :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  13. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

The above post was entered by Njretcop on my computer! I love Pa for his body too. :eek: :D
  14. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

I am kinda of a stud muffin!!! Aren't I???? :D
  15. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The next time you have your browser open, go to "tools" and click on internet options. Under the general headings you can clean "cookies and temp files". Under that is a button to clear history. Thats it!