Conceal Carry Clothing?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Xaiver56, Jul 6, 2008.

?

Style for Conceal Carry Clothing

1. Horizontal Lines

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Vertical Lines

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Solid Color

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. Other Detailed Below:

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I thought we called leather chaps 'gays' these days? :)
  2. user

user New Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    yeah; if you wear one, no one will notice you've got a gun in your belt under your shirt. It's a distraction.
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I am going to have to think about that one!
  4. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

If you have a horse, motorcycle, sombrero, or any combination of those...it ain't gay:D:D:D
  5. Hmmm, perhaps we had best define then, just what kind of "gun" is at issue here, Delta. :D;):p
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I reckon ya oughta lock yer daughters up, pilgrim;):p:D:D
  7. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    If that's ALL you're wearing it just may be...
  8. TTUshooter

TTUshooter New Member

hey xavier I too am with you in the DFW area, I live around downtown dallas and work up in north dallas. My normal (non work clothing) carry method is just some causal cargo shorts, an undershirt normally covered by a pique polo or a shortsleeve buttoned up shirt. and my pistol in an IWB holster. They key is clothing that fits loosely and with just enough thickness that it doesnt cling to you or your gun. I rarely wear the button up shirt unbuttoned just cause i worry about a good breeze picking up the tail and exposing it. I tend to shy away from the photographer/fishing vest just cause in dallas they do look a bit out of place. I think if i lived somewhere in the world where you could get out for an outdoors excursion just a hop skip and a jump away, such as colorado, or alaska it would be wonderful, but just not here in the urban/suburban jungle i live in. I recently was eating lunch at a local chipotle resturant (yummy) and there were two gentlemen wearing exactly those vests, one was a lighter nylon fabric the other your traditional heavier cotton one. Immediatly, my eye was drawn to them and i was wondering if one or both was carrying. fast forward about 10-15 minutes I was sitting on their covered patio eating, when the two gentlemen left the resturaunt, and sure enough a stiff wind came by and picked up the lighter of the two vests to show the walther he was carrying in a pancake holster. Granted I think for people who live the lifestyle of concealed carry we know alot of the tricks and are probably able to pick up on them a bit more than the average person who has no exposure to concealed carry, But the vests really did make them stick out.

I tend to find pattern isnt a big thing i focus on, it just needs to be loose enough to hide the gun and a thick enough fabric that it gives a bit structure to not hug every edge of the gun, not to mention that i am a bit of a big boy so thin somewhat clingy fabrics do my looks no favors. The average citizen isnt going to be looking for it and you will be able to carry w/o incident 99.9 percent of the time
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  9. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

TTUshooter thanks for your input, good to see another DFW person on the boards... (I live at the lovers and greenville area, moving to Mansfield in 3 days gonna miss big D) I will say you and others have hit upon one point I did not consider at first and that is thickness of material... I did not realize a lot of my bigger shirts (that I use for conceal carry) are mcuh thicker than others, but I never really made a conscious decision about it... From now on, thickness will be a big factor in my shirt purchases...