Concealed Carry in Ahwnuld's Land?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by StileGuy, Aug 5, 2005.

1. StileGuy

StileGuy New Member

Friends: I just moved from Northern Virginia to the Land of Fruits and Nuts (California). The differences in handgun laws couldn't be more pronounced. From a legal open-carry state (VA), I've moved to the state where it is practically impossible to get a CCW permit. Don't ask me why I did it (wife).

Any TFF members live in California, and what, if any, thoughts, insights, or other opinions do you have about self-defense of one's person outside the home here in sunny CA?

Thanks,

StileGuy
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

That is why even for double the money,I would have a hard time leaving Texas. If i moved it would have to be to another pro-gun state.
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

I subscribe totally to the theory 'better to be judged by twelve than carried by six; accordingly, should I ever (banish the thought), move back to Kahlifoania, a j-frame Smith, a Ti-Lite, would move with me, and the legalities would be sorted out later..
    Just my .02; let your conscionce be your guide, Terry
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  4. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

The easiest way to get a ccw is to get an address in Orange County. Sherrif Corona is cool with gun people. He may not be chief much longer, so get your app. in soon. aside from that, Cali is tough to get a license in any other county. ( BTW Boxer and Feinstein both have their ccw license even though they are the biggest anti-gun people out there.)

--Beagle
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Some things just are not RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! they should live what they preach.
  6. ABearden

ABearden New Member

Is it that much easier in OC than most other counties? I live in OC, but I always thought your only chance was rural Cali. That is good news.