1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Concealed Carry in Missouri

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Messiah Jones, May 12, 2003.

1. Messiah Jones

Messiah Jones New Member

A few years back there was a vote on concealed carry rights in Missouri. It failed and currently we are not allowed, but I just heard on the radio today that legislation is making it legal. The radio show host then said, "What is the governor going to do about it"?

That made me wonder wether the governor is for it or agains it. I have no idea and was hoping someone here in Missouri knew what we have to do to help. Who to call or write? Is the governor pro CC or agains CC?

Here is a link to a good site on this subject with some good statistics...

http://www.missouricarry.com/

Anyone know anything?

Look at this...

http://www.moccw.org/map.html

What do you think?
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hi there M.J., not clear on that either.

But check back soon and often... we'll try and clear it up for you :)
  3. shooter22

shooter22 Guest

Well, our Idiot Governor has said that he will veto any bill that carries the ccw laabel. That is ok though, It passed enough in both the House and Senate to carry a veto-override. The problem One-term-Bob has is that enough Democrats voted for it he can't afford to piss that many of his supporters off.

He also knows that if he vetos this bill the Republicans will not go for anything he is in favor of. Republicans rule everything except the Gov's office. I think it would be in his best interest to pass the bill. It is well written and should be law.

If he does veto, the veto override vote is in Sept I think.
  4. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

As I understand it, the bill passed one of the houses by one vote short of an override requirement. Also, some members will not vote to override even though they supported the bill. If Holden vetoes as he has promised, it will likely die. It has been on his desk for like a week or more now, so who knows what he is waiting for on this one? Maybe checking with his friends to evaluate the override chances (no governor wants to have a veto overriden) or maybe he will not sign it and allow it to become law without his signature. Good luck.