Concealed Carry Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumanji, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Rumanji

Rumanji New Member

Hello Fellow Second Ammendment Supporters! Please take a minute to click onto the link below and vote in favor of the concealed carry question. We are currently leading, but would love to see an insurmountable margin in favor concerning Carry. Also please pass this on to your network of freedom loving friends. Thanks so much!

http://www.themonroetimes.com/
  2. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Entered my vote for everyone. Whoo Hoo we are well into the majority
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I voted but I am not sure these polls do any good.
  4. Rumanji

Rumanji New Member

May or may not sway the City Fathers, but doing nothing certainly won't help. We just passed Concealed Carry here in WI. and all the "feel gooders" are in a tizzy. I'm willing to bet that in another year the controversy will be gone. Thanks for all your help Gentlemen, I do appreciate it!
  5. Double D

Yea, I ALWAYS vote in those polls, just wish I knew who ended up with the results and if they were doing any good. I agree we need to do all we can.
  6. USNative

USNative New Member

I have mixed feelings on this subject. IMO there are unstable people out there carrying concealed weapons, legally I might add and that kinda doesn't set well with me.

I am all for concealed carry for those who have reason such as personally threatened or family threatened and things of that nature. But to have the whole public carrying concealed or on the job carrying concealed doesn't seem to be needed.

However, I think that any job site this day and age with all the job related shootings happening needs to have a few people carrying.

If the public as a whole were to be allowed to carry I believe it would be like going back to where anytime someone got mad or upset then someone would end up injured or worse. Back to the old days of gun fighting.

It's a touchy subject and if I knew everyone who owned a gun could be responsible and only present it when appropriate then I would say "yeah, let us all carry our guns", but unfortunately that isn't reality in the world we live.

I cannot in good conscience vote on this subject as it doesn't have a place to vote for " Responsible Legal Owners Mentally Sound" or something of that nature. I cannot vote for the General Public to carry concealed, doesn't work for me.

Keep in mind I base my statements on concealed weapons carry as the subject pertains. :)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  7. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Done.
    Now 56%
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Wow! Talk about touchy subjects. Would you limit driving to only those who are mentally stable? There is a certain amount of risk associated with every day life. All we are asking for are our Constitutional rights to defend ourselves any time and anyplace. No what ifs.
  9. Rumanji

Rumanji New Member

I respect your right to the above opinion. I do however, completely disagree with it and believe the facts are against you. Statistics prove that the higher the percentage of legally armed citizens, especially concealed carry citizens, the lower the percentage of violent crimes per capita of population. You stated that nowhere does the poll mention responsible or mentally sound owners. Let me assure that to be granted a concealed carry license, WI. residents must attend an approved conceal carry class, undergo an FBI backround check, never have been found mentally unstable, never been convicted of domestic violence, never been convicted of a felony, must be a legal U.S. citizen, etc. etc. What more do you want for a freedom loving, U.S. citizen, to prove in order to actively participate in his/her 2nd ammendment constitutional right? I can tell you that the carry class I attended (and probably all others) stressed highly the importance of avoiding arguments, or any situation involving conflict. Concealed carry persons are FAR more careful to avoid conflict than 99% of non carry persons. It is absolutely ludicrous to believe a concealed carry population will take us back to the"old west". I am having a difficult time believing that I read this on a pro gun website. With all due respect, this is the kind of thought process held by the far left and gun control advocates. I must restate that your opinion is factually wrong. An armed society, is a polite society.
  10. Cleburne

Cleburne New Member

11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

57% ;)
  12. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Out here in Texas, the hurdles you need to jump over pretty well preclude unsound mentally folks will be allowed to carry concealed. I would think that those states that do investigate those requesting Concealed Handgun Licenses do a good job. I do feel that some states that allow concealed carry by their residents without check could very well allow mentally unstable individual carry permits, I certainly hope that number is very low or non-existant.

I can carry my weapon into the state capitol in Austin without going thru the metal detectors, I do have to show the license. I just wish there was a similar agreement for colleges and universities.
  13. Double D

I have to disagree. If you are a law abiding citizen and you have commited no crimes that stop you from owning or carrying a firearm, the 2nd ammendment applies to you. Period. No more discussion. The law abiding folks are not the law breakers. Its the other way around. Criminals will ALWAYS have guns no matter what laws get passed or what new crap comes down the pike. An armed society is a safe society. Period.
  14. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Amen
  15. USNative

USNative New Member

I think you are right by reading your post, I do think that there are however people that have passed all the tests you are talking about and have through some event in their lives became unstable after the fact and became dangerous to carry.

I myself have never carried concealed and don't really feel the need but if I ever did I would like to have that Constitutional Right to do so. And like Gun Geezer said in his post there is a risk to everything in life and I would have to agree. And people who carry concealed are checked out before getting a permit.

I know quite a few who carry concealed and never once has anyone I know that does been irresponsible or unstable, in fact just the opposite, very cool headed and very good people. And I do want them to have their freedom to carry and myself if I feel the need would arise.

So to make this short, by weighing in everything you all have said I am having a change in opinion. I myself prefer open carry and I don't feel the need for conceal but in the same token I want to support those that do.

I want to make this clear, I am in no way for gun control and did not mean to sound that way, but in the same token I want owners to be responsible and safe (safety is BIG on my list). I think that the major majority are but there are a few that are not.

I did not vote either yes or no on the poll earlier because I was simply undecided on the issue, but now that I have heard what you all have said I am for the majority who wish to carry so therefore I will vote accordingly.

I still do however feel that there are appropriate times to carry and not to carry.
  16. USNative

USNative New Member

You all are right, I am not really keen on concealed carry and this is the first time I have ever really discussed the issue,I want all Americans to have their rights and am in agreement. In the same token I want Americans to be safe, that's all !

I do believe an Armed Society is a safe society as well as anyone, I in fact keep a few guns at the ready if ever comes the time I need em'. I just have never carried concealed is the only difference in me and you! But now that I have seen what has been said I am all for it.

I think I may have bit off a little more than I could chew and spoke to soon on something I needed a bit more education on.

Edit: My vote for "everyone" has been entered. ;)
  17. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

Until the Pre-Cogs are found you cannot deem whether or not someone will be an irresponsible concealed carrier.

It is a stepping stone used by the anti-gun agenda. They want you to have to show your gun because they know "common" people who have no interaction with guns will be frightened by it.(just search youtube for detained open carrying). This will lead to laws against carrying openly, which will lead to more laws and so on.
  18. Rumanji

Rumanji New Member

I admire a man that can study an issue with an open mind and admit there may be another side to the story. Thanks for being a stand up gentleman and posting the above message.
  19. USNative

USNative New Member

No problem, I think I am too cautious in my thinking sometimes, but I always try to evaluate before I jump in, that is why I postponed my vote. I am glad I did as I did have a very different opinion after you all discussing the issue.

20. USNative

USNative New Member

Thanks Blackshirts I will do some more digging on this later. ;)