Concealed Carry Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 45nut, Feb 10, 2010.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Say you're driving home from work and some no driving moron cuts in front of you and nearly wrecks you. You oblidge him by telling him you think hes number one. He then offers to talk to you about it on the shoulder of the road.

What would you do? Personally, I think if bad things happen that make you need to defend your life with lethal force, the LEO's are going to think or consider you as an aggressor since you followed him to the side of the road and subsequently shot and or killed him, assuming you aren't shot or killed as well.

Car jacking is one thing, but this scenario is a completely different animal.

BTW, I declined the road side chat knowing that absolutely no good could come from it. :D :D Besides, if that moron would have pulled a gun, I'd be going to jail I'm sure.
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

Drive Friendly, The Texas Way.

(but i know what you mean, was in D and a dulley almost ran me over in my focus w/ kids in my car...I offered but the big haired dallasite declined)
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

A wise move, 45! Believe me, you'd be considered the 'agressor' since YOU decided to stop, knowing that you carried lethal force into the situation.

It's a strong man, that can walk away from a fight that he knows he can win.

"Way to go!"
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

No good would have come of it. Road rage is under the microscope by law enforcement and if you stopped with a carry piece you may have been in a world of hurt even if you didn't show it.
  5. ARB

ARB New Member

Keep driving man, keep drivin'.:cool:
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Thanks, I needed to vent. A friend of mine once asked me, "Do you think the moron went home and said, "Man that dude was right and I was wrong?"

Absolutely not!!!!!!!
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Well...

I used have a bit of a road rage problem, I'll admit it. Been cut off numerous times by idiots on their phones, or kids that just got their license driving home from school. It never pays to get angry, especially behind the wheel.

Someone rides up on my tail, I'll usually just slow down to see if they pass. Or else I'll keep driving and let them pass when there's another lane.

The way I see it, it's always better to avoid trouble than to instigate. I've gotten alot better with my road rage. I used to start yelling, flipping the finger, brake testing... I think it get it from my grandpa. He had a really bad road rage problem. I've gotten better. Could just be that I'm getting older & more laid back.

I've had times too where the other person got mad, tried to follow me home. Got away luckily. Have had people pull off to the side of the road, but I just kept going. I don't know the person and what might happen if I walk up to an angry person on the side of the road. I'd rather just keep going, walk away and avoid confrontation. What if the guy happens to take a swing at me? Or pulls out a weapon? I won't know. I would just keep driving.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. trapperdick

trapperdick New Member

Just keep on truckin'.........they'll be another day.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I presume the "telling him he's number 1" was flipping him off, but this one has me confused. "He then offers to talk to you about it on the shoulder of the road."

He pulled over and got out of his car, menacingly? Great. Drive on down the road. He forces you off the road? Totally different thing. Get out of truck with gun in one hand and cell in other, having already dialed 911. He's going to the hoosegow.

If he hits my car, I call the cops. If he forces me off the road, I have a gun in my hand while I call the cops. Otherwise, drive on down the road.
  10. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

With the right to carry, you lose the right to confrontation
  11. navis128

navis128 New Member

You know, you could have just done it the old fashioned way and boxed...why not get the satisfaction of a job well done?
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yep.
  13. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Had a similar situation happen a while back. Road was 2 lanes each way, I was in the left lane, left turn lane coming up that I was going to use. Car in the right lane pulled into my lane. I HAD to swerve AND hit the brakes to avoid hitting him.

He got into the left turn lane in front of me, and we both turned, then pulled into the parking lot of the bank. We both "happened" to be going there. When he got out of his car, I let him know in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS (may have been a few 4 letter words thrown out) that what he did was both STUPID and DANGEROUS.

Situation was escalating to the point where it could easily become physical. About that time, that little voice in my head said, "he ain't worth going to jail for" I listened. Then told him exactly that. "You ain't worth going to jail, for taking you out of the gene pool" (Yes, I actually said that) Started the car, drove up the street to get a drink. (chocolate milk) Went back to the bank, he was gone of course, and I did my banking.

I had gotten my point across, I had called him on his STUPIDITY. I can only hope that next time he thinks about it first, before he repeats his performance. Little did he know how close he came. I had my CCW "IN HAND" just below the window. If he had taken one more step closer, I probably wouldn't be here typing this. (I wouldn't be able to afford the internet, lawyers would be getting ALL of my money ;))

As STUPID as some people are, and as much as they NEED to be taken out of the gene pool. Road rage is NOT a good enough reason to change YOUR life, the way it would change if you did take them out.
  14. 45nut

45nut Active Member

What my MENTOR pickenup said!!!!!:eek: :D :D

Good night all
  15. JohnTheCalifornian

JohnTheCalifornian Member

I think of it this way, we all have had people cut us off at one point. And I am willing to bet we all have cut someone off( I know I have), either by accident or on purpose. Its just another part of daily life. Just always proves you can never get complacent behind the wheel. Your life and the life of others depend on it.