The Firearms Forum banner

Concealment Clothing

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  jeffadaklin 
#1 ·
I've been looking at concealment clothing (jackets and vests) on the internet. Some of the products look great but without actually trying them on, I can't tell how well they work. Does the clothing sag or lose its shape with a firearm in the pocket holster? I guess that's the main question.

Does anyone have any experience with these products and if so, can you provide a recommendation?

Thanks,

John

#5 ·
These are expensive and worth it. I conceal a 1911
in one of the Bison hide vests all the time.

http://www.coronadoleather.com/
Stylin'!! Actually, those jackets and vests are very nice looking and reasonably priced, considering the workmanship. The bison hide is a real taste of Americana. Unfortunately, I would never hear the end of it if I bought another leather jacket. Good stuff though, certainly going on the Christmas list.

#7 · (Edited)
Most of what I use is already in my closet. I carry a 1911A1 almost all the time, and some times a wheel gun, .44spc. Both are carried on a belt slide, or paddle style holster. I tend toward the larger T shirts in a dark color for summer wear, and they work great. If I need something a litttle more dressie I tend to go with the Hawaian shirts, the Polo, or just about anything that has a square cut tail. All of my shirts are 1 size larger than I would normally wear. I don't spend money on those fashionable concealed carry items. KISS

#8 ·
Kind of what I was thinking, make it work with what I normally wear without big bucks for a specialty item. I try to buy shorts that require a belt and have deep front pockets or I wear a dark colored T untucked for IWB. If it's a little dressier like out to eat then the untucked shirt or pocket carry.

#9 ·
Good question. I've been wondering the same thing. I'd like to add a question if that's okay. Are they worth the ridiculous prices I've seen on some items? Like the t-shirt that has a holster sewn onto the side for $70?
Skip the T-shirts. They sag badly especially with anything larger than a pocket size .380 because of the weight of the gun and ammo.

I purchased a belly band but I wear it around my chest on the occasions that I wear it. I went to Wally World and purchased a cheap set of suspenders to keep it from sliding down my body.

I can carry a full size under my left arm along with extra mags and no one is any wiser. You may have to move up a size in your shirt to prevent printing depending on the size of the handgun you are using.

These are great during the cooler/cold months but they are uncomfortable in hot weather. I generally use my IWB holsters or carry a pocket pistol when it's warm out.

#10 ·
BRITISH DPM?

What about some BRITISH gucci stuff here -

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/

I often use this supplier. They are cheap and reliable and can ship to USA. ;)

As you chaps may already know we are switching to MULTICAM from DPM camoflage.

#11 ·
I work in a non air conditioned plant and am not allowed to carry in the building anyway so my gun stays in the car at work. Were not allowed to wear baggy clothing so the oversized t-shirts arent an option unless im changing before and after work. Has anyone here ever tried any kind of nonimprint short sleeve that can be worn over my regular clothes (normally shorts and a t-shirt)? I like the vests but I think the shirts would be more appropriate for the way i dress. Just wondering if they are worth the money and as good as advertised?

#12 ·
Agreed. You can just get some clothes that are 1 size big.
That's the way I do it, and I carry a 1911A. Down here in the south I usually wear shorts, and a T shirt. The shirt being 1 size to large, and I try to buy the ones with the long tail.

#14 ·
I kinda like the conc. carry undershirt, but as said before I refuse to pay $70 for a t-shirt. My wife sews a lot and I'm thinking she can get some heavy material and sew one into a few of my heavyweight t-shirts. Same thing for inside jacket pockets. Will let all know the results if we get to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.