Concealment Ideas for a USP

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by dark_falcon27, Jun 3, 2009.

1. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

Before I purchase another weapon that will lend itself better to concealment, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on even a semi effective way to conceal my USP .40 in the mean time. It's a bit of a hoss but I have heard it is not impossible to conceal. It is often quite hot here in Alabama but it does get cool in the winter. It would typically be carried in shorts or jeans and polo shirts attire.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

try an in the waist band holster, something that resembles galco's summer heat holster
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

+1. Sounds like your only real option in hot weather. I pocket carry but it's with a Ruger SP101.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I carry a .40 in my pocket. A Kahr PM40 can be carried easily inside a pocket holster to mask the print, even in Alabama. The PM40 is only a bit larger than the KelTec P3AT.

Although I've been chastised for this opinion, I believe the only gun most people will carry consistently is a pocket gun. It's fine to have a standby if the situation arises where you can carry something larger too.

Attached Files:

5. OBrien

OBrien New Member

I carry my glock 30 with an inside the pants holster and most of the time don't notice it. I keep it at 3 o'clock and it stays concealed in shorts and t-shirt no problem.
  6. DEADEYE1964

DEADEYE1964 New Member

They are correct about the IWB, I carry my USP .40 most of the time. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. They are made specifically for each kind of gun, it is leather and molded Kydex. Mark builds a great holster and the customer service is unbeatable. Go to crossbreedholsters.com and look at the supertuck. I think you will need something like that to be comfortable for a gun the size of the USP. I have one for my XD .45 as well.
  7. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

That actually looks really great. Thanks for the link